Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Greetings

It is with fear and trembling that I enter the blogosphere. I thought it might be a good idea to publish some reflections on the spiritual life or meditations on Scripture, or just to share interesting insights I come across in my reading--things that would be too much to try to cram into the Monastery's quarterly newsletter.

I don't know how often I will update the blog, hopefully at least two or three times a week. My only hesitation thus far is wondering if I really have anything to say. But as I was praying the psalms this morning I heard this call: "Publish His glory among the heathen" (Ps 95/96:3) and "Of His holy name publish everywhere the renown" (Ps 96/97:12). How else can one "publish everywhere" but on the internet?

Pardon me for any glitches or other problems that may occur on this site while I'm trying to learn how to work it. They don't really let you practice before you publish. To comment on the posts, send me an e-mail by clicking the link on this page or in the profile section. I will do my best to respond to serious questions or comments in a timely fashion, but I do not have time merely to chat.

Pray for me, and I will pray for you! I hope that the Holy Spirit will guide me to share something worthwhile with you.